Mindful DBT, LLC "Live This Moment"
Mindful DBT, LLC
Mindful DBT, LLC
Mindful DBT, LLC was founded in 2014 by program developer and owner, Amber M Chan. Mindful DBT, LLC provides Comprehensive Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) and Mindfulness Therapy to adults in South Dakota and the surrounding areas.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is an evidenced-based treatment used to help persons who have difficulty managing emotions. This may be experienced as:
- Painful emotions from which a person may believe there is no escape
- Quickly shifting from one emotion to another
- Feeling like emotions are controlling your life
- Having problems with anger
In addition, DBT addresses the following difficulties in life:
- Impulsive behavior or self injury
- Confused or fearful thinking
- Living with a sense of emptiness or feeling like you are confused about who you are
- Difficulties in relationships
Prolonged Exposure (PE) is an evidenced-based treatment to help persons who have difficulty with PTSD and past or current trauma. PTSD may be experienced as:
- Being exposed/ or experiencing a traumatic event
- Recurrent, involuntary and intrusive distressing memories
- Experiencing flashbacks or nightmares
- Avoiding thoughts, feelings or physical reminders of the trauma
- Avoiding people, places or things that remind you of the trauma
- Irritability or aggressive behavior
- Feeling detached or numb
- Inability to experience positive emotions
- Belief that the world or others are dangerous
Mindfulness is the practice of continuing to attend to and be present with our experiences, as it is. It involves greater awareness of thoughts, feelings, and sensations, without criticism. Those that benefit from Mindfulness include:
- Chronic pain
- Substance Abuse
- Heart Disease
- Stress Disorders
- Major Depression
"Awareness with Acceptance"
"Finding your Center"
"Quiet your mind and Regulate Emotion"