Mindful DBT, LLC
What Is Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE)?
Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) was developed by Dr. Edna Foa, PhD at the Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania and is an evidenced- based therapy for individuals who are experiencing symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Repeated in vivo exposure to situations that you may be avoiding because of trauma- related fear
- Prolonged (repeated) revisiting of the trauma memories and processing the experience
- Education about common reactions to trauma
- Breathing retraining, i.e. teaching you how to breath in a calm way
- 8 to 15 weekly 6o min sessions
Amber utilizes a Comprehensive DBT/PE approach to assist individual in learning healthy and effective DBT skills while putting their trauma behind them through PE.